Wednesday 21 May 2014

Cosmotion At The Gala!


When I was invited to a local worldwide food buffet for some friends' birthdays at the local Cosmos, I got slightly excited at the thought of the vast dessert buffet range this place homes. I'm not a big fan of all you can eat buffet places, but normally think this one is okay because it offers a range of dessert options, other than the usual gateau and ice cream options, that many other buffet places offer. HOWEVER to my disappointment, I quickly learned that dessert buffets like these and all you can eat establishments of this kind should not be entertained at peak times (weekends). Whilst there were some options, many things had run out (namely the Creme Brulee, that wasn't replenished for at least an hour!) And the cakes that were laid out had seen better times, as no one was really managing the section. As the restaurant has a strict dining time limit during busy times, I only had time to peruse the dessert buffet once, whilst bumping into many other diners a long the way. Overall it was an experience I won't be in a hurry to repeat!


Bad food experiences haven't stopped there! I was recently also invited to night of bingo with friends, though I was HUGELY hesitant, we had vouchers that promised a free meal and dessert from Gala Bingo. Never one to turn down free cake, I went along and was pleasantly surprised when my fish and chips arrived. It was all of good size and potion, and didn't taste too bad at all. HOWEVER I then ordered the chocolate brownie for dessert, and I cannot tell you my disappointment once again when it arrived!


The fact that the brownie was the size of a tablespoon, and there were berries and ice cream on the plate that were bigger than the brownie, just plain shocked me. I wasn't expecting a mammoth piece, but being just slightly bigger than "bite-size", didn't cut it either. Needless to say, the bingo dining experience won't be seeing me again in a hurry. 

Bring on the restaurants that are true cake / dessert connoisseurs!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! I agree, all you can eat buffet desserts are not ideal!

    ReplyDelete