Friday 9 May 2014

A Ruby Of A Cake & Blackforest Retro!!


It got to lunch time the other day, and I got that familiar urge for cake! But not a "Let's eat lunch, then have cake urge." Just a "Let's forget lunch and go straight for the cake!" As I was having lunch with a friend, I thought it probably wouldn't be appropriate to have lunch at a cake parlour, so we went to a local cafè in Hoxton called Ruby, so she could have something of the savoury kind too! Once I laid eyes on their Banoffee Pie - I was in love!!!!!! That was lunch sorted...it was one of the best Banoffee Pies I have ever tasted (and I've sampled a few in my time of cake!) Can you also believe that the slice you see taken in the picture was actually my ENTIRE slice (no sharing thank you very much!)




My cake escapades didn't stop there this week...I also went to the local Beefeater restaurant with a friend, and being that our last meal there was such a disappointment, this time we were eating there on Beefeater (as a goodwill gesture - thanks!) As well there being an improved service, the food was tasty, and when I saw Blackforest Gateau was on the menu, I couldn't turn down a classic favourite. Though in appearance it wasn't quite the defrosted masterpiece I remember from childhood, it definitely hit the spot in taste, and took me right back to the nostalgia of christmas treats - well done Beefeater!


No comments:

Post a Comment